|This recipe will add attributes to documents at the time they are uploaded. This specific recipe will add a 'Workflow Status' attribute if one was not added at the time of upload.|
What you'll need:
Time Required: 5 - 10 minutes
Skill Level: Beginner
- Permission to upload into your Thomson Reuters Document Intelligence Workspace
- A Select List Attribute Type
Create a new Recipe:
- Navigate to Document Intelligence Automate and select 'Create Recipe'
- Name the Recipe, select the Location (it should default to the project that was open), and select 'Trigger from an app'. Then click 'Start Building'
Build the Recipe:
- Select 'Thomson Reuters Document Intelligence - User' as the app for trigger step. You may have to type it into the search option to locate it.
- For the Trigger action, select 'Document Created'
- Select a connection to use. If one is not setup yet, select 'Create Connection' and enter in the same credentials that are used to sign into the Thomson Reuters Document Intelligence Platform.
- For Creation Reason, select 'Upload'. Leave the Document Type field blank.
- If the Document Type field is filled in, this recipe will only trigger when a document with that document type is uploaded.
- Next, the recipe needs to check what attributes exist on the document that triggered the recipe. Add a Add a new action and select 'Thomson Reuters Document Intelligence - User' as the app.
- Select 'List Attributes'. In the Document ID field add the Data Pill from the Trigger Action. For the Attributes field select the attribute that needs to be checked. In this example, we will use the 'Workflow Status' attribute. To follow along exactly, use a attribute with a 'Select List' data type.
- Add a new step and select 'IF condition'
- Now, the recipe needs to check if the attribute that needs to be added exists. If it already exists, the recipe needs to end. If the attribute does not exist, the recipe needs to proceed. Enter the 'Workflow Status' data pill from the 2nd action as the Data Field, and the Condition should be 'is not present'.
- Following the 'Yes; path, add a new action and use 'Thomson Reuters Document Intelligence - User' as the app and then select 'Add Attributes' as the action.
- For the Document ID field, add the Data Pill for Document ID from the Trigger action. For the Attributes field, select the attribute that needs to be applied to the uploaded document. In the case of this recipe, 'Workflow Status' will be selected.
- A field will appear below, add the desired value to the attribute. Here is an example of what this step should look like:
- The recipe is complete! Here is an example of the completed recipe:
- If the data that needs to be present on the document isn't standard, send a notification to Slack/Teams/Email that a document was uploaded without appropriate metadata with a link to the document.
- Check for multiple attributes rather than just a single attribute.