Navigate to the Document Upload Screen
After logging into Document Intelligence, navigate to the Uploads page to begin.
NOTE: You may not see the upload option if your administrator has not granted you permission to upload in at least one security group.
What Kind of Document Is It?
New to the application in 2Q '23 is the ability to toggle on/off document analysis at upload. If "Analyze documents" is toggled off, the following will be in force:
- The user is required to pick a document type (Thomson Reuters Document Intelligence will not automatically identify the document type)
- No analysis, including OCR, will take place
- No Thought/Provisions will be extracted
- The document will not be viewable unless it is a PDF
- Metadata values can still be added to the document (facts, tags, etc.) that are searchable
- If the document needs processing in the future, this can be done via a bulk action, or via "Retry Processing" at the document action level
If your file is a single document, you can 1) choose the Document Type from the "type of documents" drop-down menu, or 2) let the Document Intelligence AI automatically make the identification for you.
If your file contains multiple documents, the Document Intelligence AI will split and automatically identify the document types in the file.
Determine if the document belongs to a 3) specific security group and choose from the drop-down menu.
Prior to finalizing the upload, add any Tags, Facts or Users to the document(s) and then hit Upload to begin!
Document Intelligence can accept a variety of file types. There are some limitations and caveats to be aware of, depending on the type of file uploaded.
- Any document less than 1GB is able to be uploaded, regardless of the type
- Any file larger than 1GB cannot be uploaded and an error message will be shown
- Any kind of processing is only run on
- Image file types (.pdf, .tif, .jpg, .png)
- Text Files (.txt)
- Word Documents (.docx)
Please note, that the file type is determined by the extension. If the extension is wrong or missing when uploading the document, the application will be able to store it, but will not be able to process it since the type of file cannot be determined.
A Note for Microsoft File Types: .docx .ppt .xls etc...
- Microsoft documents can be uploaded but will be converted to a pdf for viewing and extractions in Thomson Reuters Document Intelligence.
- Microsoft file types are not available to view immediately after upload as it takes some time for the pdf conversion to complete.
- You can download the original file at any time and you will receive the exact file type that you uploaded to Thomson Reuters Document Intelligence, not the PDF.
- Document retains the formatting they contained upon upload when downloaded from Thomson Reuters Document Intelligence.
If you have any questions or technical difficulties, you can reach out to email@example.com