1. Can I upload a .pdf with multiple documents?
The answer is, "yes!" We call a PDF with multiple documents a packet. Don't bother asking the scan team to separate each type of document before scanning with title pages. Document Insights will split the documents from your packet and classify them for you!
2. Is it possible to download the images in bulk after they have been classified in DI or sent to PI?
Yes, it is possible. If you need this done, please submit a support request and a customer care team member will be in touch with you.
3. Can I add attributes to my documents at a later time?
Yes; however, there are a few things to keep in mind:
- You can always add attribute values on a per-packet basis (DI) or per-document basis (DI & PI) manually.
- You can add attributes values in bulk by providing ThoughtTrace an index file with attributes related to the document IDs in either DI or PI.
- When adding attributes after the initial upload, reprocessing the packet or document will erase the attributes that were uploaded.
4. Can I setup a data room and allow access to only a few people?
We have had several customers leverage DI and PI for data rooms. In DI, there is no user security on packet and document access. However, in PI users have leveraged the Doc Type feature and managed user access level to a Doc Type to secure the documents for a data room.
5. Can I tie the documents in ThoughtTrace to records in another system?
As long as there is a unique identifier associated with your documents in the external system, you can store that unique identifier in ThoughtTrace as an attribute.
6. Can I rename my document names after the documents have been uploaded to PI?
- If you wish to rename the documents individually, you can do so in-app.
- If you wish to rename the documents in bulk, please submit a ticket to support and our customer care team will reach out to assist.
7. Can I export data from the provision search in PI?
Unfortunately, you cannot export the results of a provision search. However, you might be able to get the same list of provision results through a data export. To learn more, contact your ThoughtTrace Customer Success Manager to discuss details of what you need. We'll be able to set you up with a Subject Matter Expert who could help you achieve your goal.